Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Book Review: Wool by Hugh Howey


The first of a series of 3; this is a post-apocalyptic fantasy that is one of my all time favorite series.  Set in an underground silo (like a bunker, but huge--over 100 stories) the story follows the lives of some of the inhabitants as they survive within the confines of the silo. Without giving too much away; the writing is great, the story is compelling (the type to keep one up way past bedtime) and the world building is imaginative, but realistic.   I was drawn into the world in the first few chapters & happily devoured the next books in the series.  This is a series that has a permanent place on my bookshelf...not something normal for me; I typically resell books on ebay.  But, special books stay, & this is one of them--I made Josh read them too & he loved them as well.  From these books, I have become a Hugh Howey fan; just finished his latest: Soda Pop Soldier & will have a review soon : )

Amber