Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Drag Race Trophy made from Recycled Car Parts & Steel

A quick share of the final "big winner" trophy.  Made from steel with recycled car parts, chain, spikes, & LED lighting.  I was going for a bit of a Mad Max feel on this one; the theme for the race is "Outlaw Armageddon" so it fits...

Drag race trophy made of steel

I'm happy for the most part with how it came out; although I think it could have been better...  The lights did not work out the way I wanted, so that was disappointing.  (I am new to wiring, so each project is a bit of an experiment & I just ran out of time on this one)  Other than that, I think it looks pretty good: but I'm always pushing to be better.  I think the smaller trophies that go with actually came out better...  But sometimes it comes down to the fact that we have to ship & that was the case with this one.  Hopefully, they like it: and maybe I can take another stab at it next year.

I know every project I send out the door is not going to be a masterpiece, but it bothers me when I feel like I might could have done better.  I do like the spikes, lol: that's a first for one of our trophies.

Whelp; on to the next project tomorrow; holy cows--we have them stacking up all of a sudden...but that's a good thing : )

Amber