Sunday, June 8, 2014

Eagle Sculpture Invitational; new "WonderLand" sculpture installed

Just a quick update : )
"WonderLand" a 10' tall steel sculpture was installed in downtown Eagle yesterday as part of the Eagle Sculpture Invitational.
In all honesty; we finished this up at the very last minute--things have been so crazy busy that it got pushed to the back burner.  So, it was a late night to get it done & installed early in the morning on Saturday, but we did it!
This design was inspired by the Caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland; I wanted to create a set of whimsical, industrial wings: maybe what his butterfly wings would look like in my Wonderland : )
I'm loving they way the wing tips came out; I polished the aluminum pieces, then painted them with transparent auto paint in rainbow colors: pretty out there for me, but I'm loving the pop of color.

You can see "WonderLand" in person in Heritage Park; it will be on display for 1 year, along with 12 other large scale sculptures.  I do have another oldy-but-goody right across the street too; so if you happen to be in Eagle, check out all the sculptures.  You can get a map/directions to all location at the Gallery at Finer Frames (also right across the street ;)  
-Amber-